A quick update about Morgan!

So not even an hour after I uploaded my post about Morgan Laurence last night, he replied to me! Here's what he said:

hi Lanna! sorry i haven't gotten back to you sooner, i've been sick the last few days, so i haven't been good at checking the space.

anyways... thanks so much for the support. it really means a lot, especially in a world where any music can be accessed at the click of a mouse. promoting myself can get pretty tedious at times.

here are some of my influences (least to greatest):

the umbrellas
as tall as lions
sufjan stevens
don mclean

and most importantly: balance problems

brack cantrell (balance problems) basically inspired me to write solo material, and also influenced me to learn how to sing. he used to play in the two man band Sky Eats Airplane before he separated and started writing indie/acoustic stuff.

i suggest everybody take the time to listen to this artist.

i hope that helped a little.

once again, thanks for the support!

-morgan

Isn't that awesome? I feel bad for implying that he was the type not to read his mail, but I have a reason for that. Being a fan of obscure/underground music doesn't mean that every artist takes the time to befriend all of their fans. I've been lucky enough to make friends with several bands over the years, but not everyone is as nice as them. Going into making this blog I already knew there were going to be people who wouldn't reply to us, so I wasn't dissapointed that Morgan didn't reply. I was, however, thrilled when I found out that I had a message from him! It's nice to know there are people out there still that will talk to you.

So, I encourage all of you to not only check out Morgan's music, but check out some of his influences! I haven't gotten a chance to yet, but I will be doing that and you may even see one or two pop up on the blog in the future!



|

0 comments:

Post a Comment