Best Kept Secret #3

As some of you know, I am a HUGE Green Day fan. I don't need a reason to love them, but here's one anyway: they're so incredibly talented, not just in "punk" music (in the loosest sense of the term) but in the side bands they have which span multiple other genres. My favorite of these is the Foxboro Hot Tubs, a 60's garage rock-style band. Think the beach boys on crank. Their shows (when they have them) are in small clubs and they are sweaty, wild, and as intimate as humanly possible. Billie J--er, Reverend Strychnine Twitch pours beer into the mouths of those in the front row, constantly crowd surfs, and invites nearly the whole audience onto the tiny stage at almost every show. It's pure energy, and most die-hard Green Day fans would kill for a chance to go to a Foxies gig...myself included. Anyway, I'll stop babbling and you just click that little link up there to go listen to some awesome music.  :)

I won't have time to search out another band today as my time with good solid internet is coming to an end, but I hope you've enjoyed hearing some of the jewels I've gleaned over the years. I'll do this again soon hopefully!


|

1 comments:

Elizabeth and Peyton said...

Oh, yes please! I can't get enough of my Foxies. All of the songs are so well written and catchy. Seriously, this is the boys at their finest.

And I've been to Foxboro! :D

Post a Comment