Without further ado...

I present to you lovely people:

The Modern Society 


These guys are near and dear to my heart, because they're a bit of a local band where I'm from. I've had the extreme pleasure of seeing them live, and intend to go again as soon as it's possible. Drawing off influences such as Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, and The Beatles, The Modern Society has a knack for making music that is as much infectiously-catchy pop as it is raw rock and roll. I can't think up enough good words to describe them, but I will say that their latest album, The Beat Goes On, didn't leave my CD player (yes, I still use one of those) for a good four months at least. Their latest blog entries have noted that there are some big things coming, though they won't say what. I'm excited to hear what these boys have up their sleeve, but until then give them a listen on their Myspace. Enjoy!


|

0 comments:

Post a Comment